Brown Patch in Lawns:
Brown Patch is a very serious lawn disease that is prevalent during warmer temperatures. One of the things that makes Brown Patch so serious is how quickly it can take out a lawn. Brown Patch occurs during warm daytime and night time temperatures and peaks when daytime temperatures are over 80 degrees during the day and nighttime temperatures are over 70 degrees.
Lawn Care for Brown Patch
Brown Patch is caused by fungus that lives in the thatch layer or in debris on the lawn and it spreads rapidly in damaged turf. It can also spread rapidly when turf is over-fertilized with quick-release fertilizer.
If you have Brown Patch in your lawn you can take the following steps to correct the problem:
1. Reduce fertility as fertilizer spreads the disease more rapidly
2. Rake the lawn to increase air flow
3. When raking, remove thatch and debris as it helps spread the disease
4. Have a Core Aeration done to increase air flow
5. Cut less frequently and be sure to use a sharp mower blade
6. Apply fungicides as needed to eradicate the disease
For the Best Lawn Service Around, Call Dr. Green
Whether you’re dealing with brown patch or simply need your lawn cared for, Dr. Green is here for you. Get a free quote today!